Pan-fried sea bass
There are so many interesting and imaginative ways of cooking a fish dish and this week Philippe Villiard, head chef at Carrigaline Court Hotel, comes up with a delightful recipe that is easy to prepare and cook and brimming with succulent taste and flavours for his pan-fried fillet of sea bass with a brunoise of Mediterranean vegetables.
2 fillets sea bass
50 grams courgette
50g red onion
50g red, yellow and green peppers
50ml basil pesto
50ml aged balsamic dressing
- Dice all vegetables into brunoise, which is small dices.
- Pan fry the sea bass in a hot frying pan in oil and a little butter.
- Place in oven at 170c for six to seven minutes depending on the size of the fillets.
- Place cut vegetables into boiling seasoned water for one minute and then drain.
- Place a little mashed potato on centre of plate, then remove the cooked fish from the oven, placing it on top of potato carefully.
- Sauté blanched vegetables quickly in a little olive oil and sprinkle around rim of plate.
- Drizzle with pesto and aged balsamic reduction, garnish with lemon and fresh coriander leaf.